Current Job Openings
If you're interested in working with the Jay-Lan Lawn Care team, view a list of current openings below. You can also apply online with us anytime.
We are looking for lawn care applicators to provide fertilization and weed control to residential and commercial properties. Successful candidates will have a solid work history in customer service, excellent communication skills, well organized with the ability to work cooperatively with customers and coworkers. We will provide on the job training and the necessary study materials for certification.
This Position includes:
- Safely applying fertilizer, broadleaf weed controls, fungicides and insecticides.
- Applying correct treatments to lawns, mulch beds, trees and shrubs
- Inspecting and diagnosing disease and insect related turf problems.
- Educating customers on turf cultural practices.
- Driver’s license
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Ability to pass pesticide applicator certification (Fees and books will be paid for by Jay-Lan)
- Ability to life 50 pounds and work varying weather conditions
- Ability to work alone with no assistance
- Professionally communicate with clients and work cooperatively with others
- No experience necessary, training will be provided
- Having an up-to-date Iowa applicators license is a plus
- Full-time career
- 40 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Occasional Saturday depending on weather
Job Ideal for Someone who is:
- People oriented
Please complete the form below, or contact us directly.